"If you keep on doing what you have always done, you will keep on getting what you have always got. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." Albert Einstein
People, from all walks of life, are hereby invited to contribute to the Intsangano educational website, by sharing their knowledge.
You can share knowledge in two ways: One way is to write an article for Intsangano educational website (here called a "subject paper"). Another way is to find already written educational papers elsewhere on the internet, and send the link to Intsangano (here called a "linked paper").
The intention with all contributions is to enlighten readers, helping them to better understand Patriarchy and its dominating structures. We need subject papers and linked papers that can explain how the modern political and economic system functions, i.e. how its structures and institutions direct economic profit to the political and economic elites, by dominating society and exploiting nature, causing crises.
There are many areas to cover, such as explaining the functioning of the monetary system, the banking system, the legal system, the political system, the knowledge system, the technological system, the food producing system – and how they dominate society and exploit nature.
Contributions may also present solution to our global crises or a different worldview. But be aware that we cannot solve our current crises by doing what we have always done. Patriarchal society and its structures do not function. We must come up with alternatives. These may be of any kind, covering any specific crisis, or be general. It may be a suggestion for a new type of banking system, a solution for poverty and inequality, an end to violence and wars, or replacement of the patriarchal society and its values - but please do not suggest more economic growth and profit-making based on dominating society and exploiting nature. This approach has proven to give social and environmental crises.
Subject papers and linked papers may cover theoretical issues, practical experiences, or utopian ideas. As inspiration, you may read the preliminary, general list with Suggestions for articles. It will continuously be updated according to readers' needs and wishes. However, please do not be limited by the list. You are welcome to share knowledge in areas not mentioned here. If somebody already has contributed with a subject paper or a linked paper on one subject, others are still welcome to write or find contributions on that same subject. It is interesting to read diverse perceptions of an issue. The main goal is to increase our understanding by knowledge sharing.
"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe" Anatole France, French poet, journalist, and novelist (1844-1924)
Contributors can be academics or non-academics, people from social and environmental organizations or movements, people with experience in the economic field, banking area, or the social area. They can be teachers, students, home workers, gardeners, artists, nurses, doctors, people working with Third World development, or in businesses, etc. Contributors can also be people who are very good at finding relevant educational papers on the internet. There is no limit. The idea is to share knowledge and experience with the purpose to better grasp the current dominating political structure. Consequently, contributors and readers from all countries are welcome: North, South, East, West. We live in a whole, interconnected world: what happens in one place has consequences elsewhere.
There are some few conditions to consider regarding contributions, whether they are subject papers written to Intsangano directly or linked papers found elsewhere on the internet:
- All subject and linked papers must for now be in the English language. Due to the voluntary and community nature of the Intsangano website, it is not possible to translate papers. For those who have difficulty with English, using Google Translation can warmly be recommended. There are more translation tools. Check on your browser, which "add-on"s it has regarding translation and you may be surprised to find several. You can also program your browser to translate any website to your own language. The translation may include some mistakes, but when one is applying a bit of flexibility, it remains an excellent assistance.
- All subject and linked papers must contain a non-dominant and non-dualistic spirit. They must defend and present holistic yin yang perspectives that can include concerns for a quality of life for society and nature worldwide. Or said differently: all contributions must add what we so badly need in our unbalanced masculine yang world: more feminine yin energy and its manifestations.
- All subject and linked papers must live up to the ethical standards of the website. Thus, no contributions may use concepts that reinforce harm, not even if that is meant as a suggestion to end Patriarchy. The Intsangano website intends to resist any harmful concepts and actions, showing that by adding the feminine yin force of care and cooperation, we can achieve so much more than by using masculine violence and domination. As philosopher Karen J. Warren indicates: we can tear down the house of Patriarchy, without using its tools.
“When the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to treat everything as if it were a nail.” Abraham Maslow,an American psychologist (1908-1970)
- All subject and linked papers must be written in an easy and smooth language, preferably without using difficult or academic words. In case some technical concepts are necessary, they must be explained. The reason for this is that information in the Intsangano educational website must be accessible to people from all walks of life. Often, complex language will exclude some people, preventing them from learning, sharing, and contributing. The value of this website is to unite people, not to create further division.
- While all subject and linked papers need to be clear, respectful, well written, truthful, and informative for the purpose of this website, nobody expects any contribution to be neutral. No human being is able to be neutral; we all present our perspective based on our subjective backgrounds, experiences, and values. In order to clarify this bias, authors of subject papers may briefly state those parts of their background that are relevant for their values. This includes gender, class, nationality, occupation, and any other particular bias. Often linked papers will contain at least some of this information.
- All subject papers must carry the author's name, country, and, as mentioned, a brief presentation of the author's background on the front page. The author's email address must be presented to the website administrator, but it will not be published. In case the author prefers to remain anonymous, a substitute name can be used; however, the website administrator will need the correct name. Normally linked papers will present at least some information about the author.
- All subject papers must on the front page mention the category to which the paper belongs, you can choose from the 10 listed; carry the minimum of three tags; list a number of keywords; and have a brief abstract relating to the main issues covered. This information will - via the internal search engine - help readers find relevant papers of their interest. The filing system is explained further in the page Articles submitted. Linked papers should also be fitted with category, tags, keywords, and abstract as explained above, to assist the work of the search engine.
- All subject papers must at the end include a correct, detailed, and valid bibliography or list of references. All written contributors are bound by the law of copyright, and must avoid plagiarism. When authors submit subject papers they automatically allow the Intsangano educational website to publish their contributions, but the authors retain copyright of the subject paper. Hence, this website is merely getting the author's permission to display the contribution free of charge, but Intsangano does not take ownership. Please read the page about Copyrights and plagiarism. Intsangano will only carry linked papers, which are permitted to be reproduced according to the copyright law.
- All subject and linked papers can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. After having ensured that each subject paper lives up to the directions outlined above, it will be uploaded, and the author will be notified.
Intsangano is a free educational website, available to everyone. If any contributor feels uncomfortable about his or her submission, the author may, at any time, request the Intsangano administrator to remove his or her written contribution.